Provide support for the Director of Finance and Finance Department with responsibilities related to Donors, Financial, Grants and Reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Input and update donor records in the donor management software for gifts and pledges received
- Process donor acknowledgement letters for cash and in-kind gifts
- Invoice donors for pledges, apply payments and follow-through with statements on a monthly basis
- Reconcile special event reports to donor management records and general ledger
- Assist with accounting for special events as needed
- Protect donors’ confidentiality
- Maintain financial files and records
- Prepare accounts payable for approval and input in accounting software
- Prepare bank deposits, record in general ledger from donor management software integration
- Maintain fixed asset records
- Protect organization by keeping information confidential
- Adherence to established internal accounting controls
- Assist with preparing and writing grants that provide support to further the mission of the organization
- Assist with grant reporting as required in compliance with grantor established policies and procedures
- Attend grantor trainings, community events as required
- Assist in the preparation of work papers for the annual audit and Form 990
- Prepare sales tax reports for proceeds from special events
- Assist with annual corporate filings, insurance renewals, and annual filings
- Commitment to the team to ensure excellence and accomplishment of organization’s mission
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Executive Director
The Finance Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance. All positions are under the general supervision of the Executive Director.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting. Equivalent business experience will be considered.
- Nonprofit accounting preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite Software. Experience with QuickBooks and DonorPerfect a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures including accurate proofreading.
- Grant writing experience a plus, but willing to train.
- Confidentiality is required. All candidates must pass criminal background test, drug test and security screening. SafePath is a drug-free workplace.
EMAIL COVER LETTR AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org